In the November 2020 edition of the Market Update:
- Joe Biden has convincingly won the US Presidential Election
- Markets were buoyed in November by the successful trial of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine, which is expected to be approved by the FDA later in the month.
- Rising COVID-19 cases in Europe have forced countries to return to lockdown conditions, including the closure of non-essential businesses.
- After bouncing back from the pandemic, China revealed its new five-year plan, which continues China’s focus on emerging technology and innovation.
- Australia’s combined fiscal and monetary response, along with the easing of restrictions across the country, are expected to boost the recovery in the final quarter of 2020.