In this update, Bob Cunneen, Porfolio Specialist, reviews events in markets during December.
- There was a strong end to 2019, with global share markets producing solid returns
- The Chinese share market was up 8% in December
- The trade agreement between China and the US is due to be signed in the middle of January
- Australia had a disappointing end to the year, down 2%
- Oil prices are expected to rise due to the tension between the US and Iran
Watch the MLC Economic update – January 2020 video below.
09 January 2020
By Sinead Rafferty