In this update, Bob Cunneen, Porfolio Specialist, reviews events in markets during March.
- In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, the global share market dropped significantly, around 13%
- The American share market fell 12% and the Australian share market fell 20%
- Global share markets became very concerned about the risk of a global recession
- In the space of 16 trading days in March, the American share market fell 24%
- Central banks and governments have provided stimulus to assist stabilize the economy
Watch the MLC Economic update – April 2020 video below.
8 April 2020
By Sinead Rafferty