In this update, Bob Cunneen, Porfolio Specialist, reviews events in markets during October.
- Global share markets are up 2%, influenced by the American and European central banks cutting interest rates
- The European market was the outperformer, shares up 3.6%
- Trade tensions between the US and China diminish, negotiations to resume this month
- China records weakest industrial production growth rate since 2002
- The Reserve Bank of Australia cut interest rates to a record low
- House prices have improved throughout Australia, after the weakness seen last 18 months
Watch the MLC Economic update – October 2019 video below.
09 October 2019
By Sinead Rafferty