In the February 2018 edition of the Market Update:
- The global economy is benefiting from a broadbased, cyclical recovery, supported by higher levels of investment and accommodative monetary policy.
- The US economy ended 2017 on a slightly shaky footing, although the overall employment situation continues to improve and the bond market is anticipating further rate hikes.
- Growth in Europe continues to surprise on the upside, supported by rises in private consumption and business investment.
- The Chinese economy slowed marginally in the December quarter, with GDP growth falling to 6.8% and PMI figures lower than expected.
- The Australian economy continues to improve, although weaker than expected inflation all but scuppered the chance of a February rate hike.
There’s more commentary, plus our usual tables with all the key market data on Shares, Interest Rates and Property in the linked document below.