In the February 2017 edition of the Market Update:
- In January, global equity markets continued to rise with the US share market making fresh record highs as investors continued to react positively to Donald Trump’s election as 45th President of the United States.
- In the United States, the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index closed above 20,000 for the first time.
- US manufacturing indicators continued to rise and point to economic expansion.
- Chinese December quarter GDP growth was better than expected, rising 6.8% year-on-year.
- Australia’s December quarter CPI came in below market expectations, rising 0.5% over the quarter and 1.5% year-on-year, below the Reserve Bank of Australia’s target range of 2-3% per annum.
There’s more commentary, plus our usual tables with all the key market data on Shares, Interest Rates and Property in the linked document below.