In the December 2017 edition of the Market Update:
- The global economy continues to generate synchronised growth and markets are expecting these conditions to continue into 2018.
- In the US, both houses of Congress have approved bills to reform and lower corporate and personal taxes paving the way for new tax laws in coming months.
- In Europe, business conditions are at 16-year highs suggesting that the Eurozone can continue to generate above-average economic growth.
- In China, regulators continue to try to reign in credit growth and curb speculative investment.
- The Australian economy is being impacted by weak wages growth which is leading consumers to rein in spending.
There’s more commentary, plus our usual tables with all the key market data on Shares, Interest Rates and Property in the linked document below.