First Principles Financial Planning follow a completely transparent fee-for-advice model, so when you engage us, we’ll explain upfront exactly what services we’ll provide and what they will cost, acting only when we have your written approval.
Our clients trust us, as they always understand what they are paying for and they have control over what we do for them from a cost perspective. This means our clients are always in the best place for their financial affairs.
All fees and commissions are inclusive of GST. We have detailed the full range of fees in our Financial Services Guide. Note that only fees applicable for the advice and services you choose will apply.
Please see the Representative Profile in our Financial Services Guide for full details of our fees.
Here are the some of the fees you may need to pay when you engage us, depending on the services you choose:
Statement of Advice fee
The Statement of Advice is a fixed, one-off fee for preparing your initial statement of advice, including:
- Researching and analysing your personal objectives and current situation.
- Developing a plan to help you achieve your immediate and long-term lifestyle goals.
- Creating a detailed Statement of Advice, setting out your plan for the future.
The size of the fee depends on the complexity of the advice and the time required to deliver it. We will clearly outline the cost and get your written approval before we start.
Implementation costs and investment charges
Once you’re ready to put your plan into action, we may also pass on the costs of implementing it, including brokerage on share purchases and fees for investment transactions.
Our aim is to include details of any of these costs in your Statement of Advice, so that you understand what they will be.
If you have a self-managed super fund (SMSF), we may also charge a separate, additional fee for fund administration and advice, including:
- Preparing and updating your fund’s investment strategy.
- Investment and taxation reporting.
- Assisting with fund audits.
- Tracking regulatory changes and acting to ensure that your fund is fully compliant.